Being a minimalist is about shaving down your belongings to the essential items you really use every day. This means that you will only have to choose the things that will serve your needs. If you want to be minimalist when it comes to your skincare, then you must purchase and keep only what you will use. This means it will save you time and money because it will be easier to be consistent. After all, your beauty regimen will only take you a few minutes, and you would not have to spend a lot of money. Not only that, you would not have to worry about your skincare products taking over your cabinet or vanity table. In this article, we will give you some tips on creating a minimalist skincare routine without compromising your skin goals.
- Know what your skin needs – Identifying your skin type is the first thing you need to do to create a compelling and minimalist skincare routine. After that, you can distinguish the active ingredients that you should be looking for in products such as hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, vitamin C, collagen, retinol, peptides, glycolic acid, tea tree oil, and salicylic acid. Once you know what your skin needs, you can quickly determine which products you should buy.
- Cleanse your skin the correct way – Cleaning your skin is one of the essential things to make sure that your skincare products can do their job and make their way deep into your pores. Once you choose the right skin cleanser for you, apply it to your skin and wait for at least 60 seconds while you’re massaging it on your skin. This allows the product to activate its active ingredients, thus giving you an effective result.
- Treat and nourish your skin – Do not forget to include serums in your skincare routine because they are packed with potent formulas that are all active ingredients. In short, serums can help address your skincare concern better, thus making your routine quick but effective. Using serums can also help you eliminate all those ineffective skincare products, which means it’s perfect for a minimalist skincare routine.
- Do not forget moisturizers – According to dermatologists, you must use a moisturizer to keep your skin’s barrier healthy and protected from environmental irritants. If you have oily skin, it is best if you use a gel-type moisturizer, and if you have dry and normal skin, we suggest that you use those rich cream-type moisturizers.
- Do not be too strict with your routine – When doing a skincare routine, you should be familiar with the essential skincare steps: cleanse, treat, and moisturize. However, you should also be open to tweaking your routine every now and then. This is because there are times when you will need to use more serum to add some nourishing boost to your skin. You can also try and use a spot treatment if you have breakouts or apply eye cream if you have crow’s feet. If you feel that you need to add toner to your routine, then, by all means, add it.
- Purchase and use multitasking products – An excellent way to make sure that you’re making the most out of your minimalist skincare routine is to use multitasking products. For example, you can use a hydrating toner that has serum-like properties. This way, it can act as a moisturizer and a face mist, too.
- Do not be afraid to try new skincare products – It’s okay not to stick with your already-using products. Especially if you think the current product you’re using is not working or if the weather change affects your skin condition. You can try switching a product if you’re not comfortable with it so you can determine which is the perfect product for your skin.