Mankind has made several inventions for a convenient and easier lifestyle. In ancient times, all tasks were done by hand. But soon after the Industrial Revolution, things began to change. That is to say, machines were made to replace the use of hands, because of their capability to do chores swiftly and efficiently. The best example of this is our reliance on the use of a washing machine.
Washer and Dryer: Superfluous?
Are you one of those who think that the use of a washer and dryer is unnecessary? Well, if yes then, we are here to prove its importance in the 21st century.
Many decades ago, females were confined to their houses, having no career and equality to men. But soon after the first wave of feminism, everything began to change. Women demanded their rights and refused to be the slaves of men
Now when they started coming to jobs they were not able to do the chores and to wash the clothes with their hands. And for their ease, washing machines were introduced so that both men and women can manage their responsibilities.
Moreover, there are still people who live in far off areas and prefer washing clothes off the grid. But people living in the metropolitan areas heavily rely on the usage of appliances. And for their ease of picking a good washer and dryer to buy. We have jotted down some types and tips that will aid in picking a dryer and washer.
Types Of Washers to Consider!
The first and foremost step while picking a good washer is to go through its types their advantages and disadvantages. Furthermore, these types will help you pick the best concerning efficiency and budget. Let’s explore the different types of washers to choose the best one for you!
Traditional Top Load Washer: The oldest
The oldest and cheapest type of washer is the traditional top load washer. If you have a low budget and limited time to do your chores then this is the best choice for you. Owing to its speed and cost it has been the first choice of people for a long time.
This type of washer has a fast washing cycle but it is also hard on your clothes. Now let’s discuss its pros and cons, to make it easier for you to decide.
Pros of the Traditional Top Load Washer
Before going for this type of washer, have a look at its pros and cons, which we have jotted down for you.
- It is cheaper than the other types of washers
- It has a fast cycle of washing that will save your time and electricity.
- This type of washer require less bending than the other models
- It is hard on clothes, so you can not wash delicate clothes in it.
- It has a longer drying time due to slower spin cycles.
- It uses more water than other types of washers
- Being tougher on clothes and owing to the central agitator in it, this type of washer will damage your clothes.
- For delicate clothes, you would have to wash them with your hands.
- This type of washer requires less bending than the other models.
High-Efficiency Top Load Washer: A Better Option!
This is the second type of washer that combines the attributes of both the traditional top load washer and the front load washer. Being better than the traditional top load washer, it has its own set of pros and cons that makes it different from the rest.
- It is more efficient than the traditional top load washer.
- It has a larger capacity or space to wash clothes
- There is no agitator in it so there is a lesser chance for clothes to get damaged.
- It is a bit more expensive than the traditional top load washer.
- It requires the user to bend in order to do the laundry
- It is expensive than the traditional top load washer
Front Load Washer: Efficient?
The front-load washers are the first choice of people nowadays as they are the most popular and efficient type of washer. Although this is the best type of washer, it also has its own set of pros and cons, which are as follows:
- This type of washer is more water and electricity efficient
- It has a faster spin cycle that allows laundry to dry fast.
- It requires more energy (electricity) than the rest of the washers.
- It is the most expensive of all the types.
Features to Look for While Picking a Washer
As we have winnowed down the best types of washers, there are still some features that you need to consider before making your purchase.
You have to keep in mind how much laundry load you have to do per day before picking a washer. Check its efficiency. Go for water-efficient washers and also consume a lesser amount of energy
Automatic washers are preferred due to their modern features that include; temperature control, Laundry load sensor for warning you if have overloaded the washer. Washers with self-cleaning cycles are easier to use, so try to purchase them.
Types of Dryers: Choose Wisely!
The need and importance of dryers can not be ignored as they are to complement the washers. Furthermore, as we have described the types and features of washers, similarly we will discuss the types and features of Dryers, to make it easier for you to make a pick.
Gas Dryers: Cost-Effective
These types of dryers are cost-effective as they do not depend on electricity to work, instead, they use gas supply as their energy source. They are also the least expensive. But if you do not have a gas supply then to use these dryers you would have to get it installed which can be an expensive measure to take.
Pros of Gas Dryers
- These are the least expensive ones
- Dries up clothes faster than any other dryer
- Requires a gas supply to energy consumption
Cons Of Gas Dryers:
- Their spin cycles are slower than electric dryers
- As they are dependant upon gas supply they are hazardous to human health
- Can be expensive if the gas supply is to be installed
Electric Dryers: A Better Option!
As their name suggests, these types of dryers are dependent upon electricity for energy consumption, making them a bit more expensive than gas dryers. Although they are expensive they are more efficient than the other types of dryers!
- These types of washers are easier to use because of their reliance on electricity and not on gas supply
- Their spin cycles are swift and hence clothes dry faster.
- They are more efficient than any other type of dryers
- They are slower than the gas dryers, hence expensive to use.
- Requires higher voltage to work
- Not useful for daily use.
Common Features Of Both Washer and Dryer
There are certain features that are mandatory to look for while buying a dryer and washer, such as, depth, because the deeper an area, the more load of laundry it can handle. If you have kids and your laundry load is huge then look for this feature before making your purchase.
The second mandatory feature is the height of a dryer or washer. It is a factor of consideration as bending over to do laundry can be an arduous chore and can cause severe backache. The height of the washer or dryer should complement your height. That is why front load washers are recommended.
Furthermore, the other feature to look for is the stainless steel tub. This feature is the most important as stainless steel tubs do not damage your clothes and keeps the machine safe as well from any kind of damage. Wifi is another useful feature, as nowadays people rely heavily on wifi and washing clothes while being away from the laundry area can be a blessing for workaholics.
Washer and Dryer Combo: The Perfect Choice!
As we have discussed the types of washers and dryers, but the best choice while buying a dryer and washer is to go for their combo. There are many companies like Samsung and Panasonic which have introduced a dryer and washer combo.
However, we have discussed the best types and features to look for while picking a washer and dryer, but there are still some types that you can go for, such as:
- Apartment-size washer and dryer are useful if you live in an apartment, as it does not require much space.
- A portable washing machine is another washer and dryer combo, which is the best choice for limited space houses or apartments.
Washers and dryers have become an indispensable part of our lives. We are heavily dependent upon them. That is why for your ease of picking the best for your house, we have listed down the types and tips for use that will aid you in choosing the best appliances for yourself.